Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Well-Worn, Red Bowling Shoes

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you" --Unknown



Today, I saw a man walking while wearing a pair of well-worn, red bowling shoes in a campus building. To this, I was full of wonder. I say thank you to this man. I feel that he was fully able to wear any other pair of shoes but he wore his well-worn, red bowling shoes because he wanted to. Perhaps, we limit our inner-person from being fully illuminated because it gets shaded by normalcy. What is there to be afraid of ? We could be the vehicle of thought that certain people need--a fresh view beyond the daily humdrum. Be you. It's okay.

Tomorrow: where your well-worn, red bowling shoes. Make 'em think.

3 comments:

cskelton said...

Absolutely. I always tell my children to always be the son or daughter that God sent you here to be, no matter the situation. (And you'll then have no regrets)

Marné said...

Um...last time I wore bowling shoes, it didn't turn out so well. I ended up hot, sweaty, and beet red due to humiliation. I'll think of something to wear though...

Travis Standley said...

Haha. Way to take things literal, Marné :)